I saw these delectable greens at the market and couldn’t wait to cook them up. They are great in salads or as a side dish. I include them in my Beer Brisket recipe. Loaded with folate, vitamin c, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, and magnesium these greens are sure to get you feeling healthy. You can discard the stems if you prefer. I like the crunchy, woody taste of them so I left mine in.
Beet Greens and Swiss Chard
Prep Time: 5 months, 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 months, 20 minutes
- 1 lb combination beet greens and swiss chard
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 garlic chopped finely
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Wash greens well and cut into small strips or pieces
- Saute garlic in butter and olive oil in a pan over medium low heat.
- When fragrant, add greens and vegetable stock.
- Mix to coat all ingredients well.
- Cover and saute on low for 5 to 10 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Stir in vinegar and lemon juice
- Ready to serve immediately.
Did you like this post? Consider Subscribing via RSS or