Chai Spice Biscotti
- 2 Cups Almond flour
- 1/4 Cup Stevia in the Raw
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 Cup Raw Butter, melted and cooled
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Raw Honey
- 1 Square Semisweet Chocolate
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Butter
- Preheat oven to 325 F and line a baking sheet with parchment or a silpat liner.
- In a large bowl, whisk almond flour, stevia, all the spices, xanthan gum and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl stir melted butter, egg, vanilla and honey together.
- Add wet ingredients to almond flour mixture and mix until dough is formed.
- Put dough onto the baking sheet and form a low flat log about 10x4 inches. Bake 22-24 minutes, or until just starting to turn golden and firm to the touch. Remove and let cool for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temp to 250 F.
- Using a serrated knife, cut into 15 even slices.
- Place back on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, then flip each biscotti on other side and back and additional 15 minutes.
- Melt coconut butter over a gentle flame until it turns golden brown and toasted. Add dark chocolate and stir until melted and incorporated.
- Drizzle coconut chocolate mixture over cooled biscotti.
Eat Draw Live http://eatdrawlive.com