My good friend was coming to have lunch with me and instead of going out to eat I decided to look and see what I could whip up at home. As it turned out I had a bunch of fresh cilantro that I had just purchased at my farmers market.
It is so funny because I remember when we first moved to the States, I ate it for the first time and absolutely detested the taste of it! It definitely grew on me through the years and changed from YUCK to YUM! I wanted to use walnuts to make the pesto but only had almonds and it turned out very well. She loved it! Adding a fresh green salad, hard boiled eggs and some hummus and crackers, lunch was on its way…
Cilantro Almond Pesto
- 2 cups fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup toasted almonds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- Wash and pat dry cilantro.
- Discard long stems and place in blender or food processor.
- Add the peeled garlic, oil, almonds and salt to the blender .
- Blend until smooth or a little chunkier if you prefer.
- Place in a serving bowl and add or garnish with parmesan cheese.
Recipe can be doubled.
Add some red pepper flakes to spice it up a notch! Or, try adding a teaspoon of lime juice.
Serve with your favorite crackers…
Did you like this post? Consider Subscribing via RSS or