This chocolate pudding is one of my favorite treats to eat. It is quick and relatively easy to prepare. When you try it for the first time your brain will need to adjust to the difference from regular chocolate pudding. The texture may taste a little gritty due to the dates but it is so refreshing, and it won’t take long before you are hooked. This recipe keeps well for a few days in the refrigerator. You can use carob powder instead of cacao powder if you prefer. I’ve tried both ways and I prefer to use raw cacao powder. I find this recipe to be sweet enough for me but if you need it to be sweeter just add some more honey or stevia.
Raw Chocolate Pudding
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1 banana (not too ripe)
- 3-4 dates
- 1 tbs honey
- 1/3 cup cacao or carob powder (I use raw)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Blend pitted dates and 1/4 cup of the milk, in a vitamix or blender.
- When well blended add the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the rest of the milk if needed for your desired consistency.
- Scoop out into serving cups or store covered in the refrigerator.
- Garnish with these options: berries, toasted coconut, cacao nibs, fresh herbs such as mint or basil.
Did you like this post? Consider Subscribing via RSS or